Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

acucciarre_144605 avatar image
acucciarre_144605 asked jim.dickinson_187342 answered

Installing cass-operator-manifests-v1.17.yaml returns "The CustomResourceDefinition cassandradatacenters.cassandra.datastax.com is invalid"

I'm trying to setup the newest cassandra operator in my kube system (1.18.2) and I get the following error:

# kubectl apply -f https://raw.githubusercontent.com/datastax/cass-operator/v1.2.0/docs/user/cass-operator-manifests-v1.17.yaml
namespace/cass-operator created
serviceaccount/cass-operator created
secret/cass-operator-webhook-config created
clusterrole.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/cass-operator-cluster-role created
clusterrolebinding.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/cass-operator created
role.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/cass-operator created
rolebinding.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/cass-operator created
service/cassandradatacenter-webhook-service created
deployment.apps/cass-operator created
validatingwebhookconfiguration.admissionregistration.k8s.io/cassandradatacenter-webhook-registration created
The CustomResourceDefinition "cassandradatacenters.cassandra.datastax.com" is invalid:
* spec.validation.openAPIV3Schema.properties[spec].properties[podTemplateSpec].properties[spec].properties[containers].items.properties[ports].items.properties[protocol].default: Required value: this property is in x-kubernetes-list-map-keys, so it must have a default or be a required property
* spec.validation.openAPIV3Schema.properties[spec].properties[podTemplateSpec].properties[spec].properties[initContainers].items.properties[ports].items.properties[protocol].default: Required value: this property is in x-kubernetes-list-map-keys, so it must have a default or be a required property
cass-operatorkubernetes
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bettina.swynnerton avatar image
bettina.swynnerton answered

Hi,

k8s 1.18 is not yet supported for the cass-operator, it is work in progress.

Here is the issue to track: https://github.com/datastax/cass-operator/issues/111

Hope this helps!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered Erick Ramirez converted comment to answer

We are aware of issues with the Cassandra operator on kube servers running version 1.18 (see issue #111).

We recommend that for now, you use kube version 1.17.0:

$ kubectl version --short=true
Client Version: v1.18.3
Server Version: v1.17.0

Cheers!

2 comments Share

Unfortunately I can't revert to v1.17, cause I have other products that are already running on v1.18.

Do you have any timeframe for the fix?

0 Likes 0 ·

I don't have an ETA available but I'll reach out to the authors of the operator and I'll provide an update as appropriate. Cheers!

1 Like 1 ·
jim.dickinson_187342 avatar image
jim.dickinson_187342 answered

We just released Cass Operator v1.3.0 that unblocks installing on k8s 1.18. Give it a shot!