DataStax Academy FAQ

DataStax Academy migrated to a new learning management system (LMS) in July 2020. We are also moving to a new Cassandra Certification process so there are changes to exam bookings, voucher system and issuing of certificates.

Check out the Academy FAQ pages for answers to your questions:

question

acucciarre_144605 avatar image
acucciarre_144605 asked ·

Installing cass-operator-manifests-v1.17.yaml returns "The CustomResourceDefinition cassandradatacenters.cassandra.datastax.com is invalid"

I'm trying to setup the newest cassandra operator in my kube system (1.18.2) and I get the following error:

# kubectl apply -f https://raw.githubusercontent.com/datastax/cass-operator/v1.2.0/docs/user/cass-operator-manifests-v1.17.yaml
namespace/cass-operator created
serviceaccount/cass-operator created
secret/cass-operator-webhook-config created
clusterrole.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/cass-operator-cluster-role created
clusterrolebinding.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/cass-operator created
role.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/cass-operator created
rolebinding.rbac.authorization.k8s.io/cass-operator created
service/cassandradatacenter-webhook-service created
deployment.apps/cass-operator created
validatingwebhookconfiguration.admissionregistration.k8s.io/cassandradatacenter-webhook-registration created
The CustomResourceDefinition "cassandradatacenters.cassandra.datastax.com" is invalid:
* spec.validation.openAPIV3Schema.properties[spec].properties[podTemplateSpec].properties[spec].properties[containers].items.properties[ports].items.properties[protocol].default: Required value: this property is in x-kubernetes-list-map-keys, so it must have a default or be a required property
* spec.validation.openAPIV3Schema.properties[spec].properties[podTemplateSpec].properties[spec].properties[initContainers].items.properties[ports].items.properties[protocol].default: Required value: this property is in x-kubernetes-list-map-keys, so it must have a default or be a required property
cass-operatorkubernetes
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bettina.swynnerton avatar image
bettina.swynnerton answered ·

Hi,

k8s 1.18 is not yet supported for the cass-operator, it is work in progress.

Here is the issue to track: https://github.com/datastax/cass-operator/issues/111

Hope this helps!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jim.dickinson_187342 avatar image
jim.dickinson_187342 answered ·

We just released Cass Operator v1.3.0 that unblocks installing on k8s 1.18. Give it a shot!

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

We are aware of issues with the Cassandra operator on kube servers running version 1.18 (see issue #111).

We recommend that for now, you use kube version 1.17.0:

$ kubectl version --short=true
Client Version: v1.18.3
Server Version: v1.17.0

Cheers!

2 comments Share

Unfortunately I can't revert to v1.17, cause I have other products that are already running on v1.18.

Do you have any timeframe for the fix?

0 Likes 0 · ·

I don't have an ETA available but I'll reach out to the authors of the operator and I'll provide an update as appropriate. Cheers!

1 Like 1 · ·