Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

ted.petersson_164115 avatar image
ted.petersson_164115 asked ·

Is it possible to set annotations to images deployed with the cass-operator?

It is possible to set a custom server image with the serverImage parameter, and custom sidecar image(s) with the podTemplateSpec parameter.

But is is possible to set custom annotations / labels to the pod or container as well? (in both cases respectively)

kubernetescass-operatorserverimageannotationspodtemplatespec
2 comments
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Just letting you know that I've reached out to the authors of the operator who should be online in a few hours. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·
I was testing some more and it was possible to set via 
  podTemplateSpec:
    metadata:
      annotations:
        a1: "val1"
      labels:
        l1: "val2"

1 Like 1 · ·
jim.dickinson_187342 avatar image
jim.dickinson_187342 answered ·

This is spot on - we released this functionality with Cass Operator v1.2 a week ago.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

Yes, it is possible to set annotations and labels in the podTemplateSpec. I just got confirmation and it looks like you've already tried it and it worked. Cheers!