Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

prakash_ganesan_174223 avatar image
prakash_ganesan_174223 asked ·

How can I troubleshoot OpsCenter showing agent is unreachable?

opscenter
1565084519436.png (34.0 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

I am facing the same issue. My agents are installed correctly and work fine for few days. Firewall and address.yaml is also configured properly.

When i check i see notification as opscenter has not received update from node for 180 sec and it is assuming it is down. Assuming because there is not activity on cluster it assumes that node is down ?? After restating agents are back online.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

@prakash_ganesan_174223 the screenshot indicates that agents cannot connect to the agent via JMX. If you have enabled JMX authentication, you will need to configure OpsCenter with details of the JMX username and password in the cluster_name.conf.

For Monitored DSE and Storage DSE, check that you have supplied the correct username and password to connect to the relevant DSE cluster.

@amitosh if it works for a while then stops working, it is likely there is a firewall that is closing the sockets when they are idle. If so, you will need to configure the operating system to send keepalive probes. Cheers!

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vkayanala_42513 avatar image
vkayanala_42513 answered ·

@prakash_ganesan_174223 Please verify firewall configurations and configuration of address.yaml file.

- firewall configurations: It needs to be bi-directional from Cassandra servers to Storage cluster.
- And make sure address.yaml for datastax-agents configured correctly.

Cheers!

1 comment Share