DataStax Academy FAQ

DataStax Academy migrated to a new learning management system (LMS) in July 2020. We are also moving to a new Cassandra Certification process so there are changes to exam bookings, voucher system and issuing of certificates.

Check out the Academy FAQ pages for answers to your questions:

question

on_wisdom_181819 avatar image
on_wisdom_181819 asked ·

Is it OK to completely disable repairs and just use NodeSync?

Hello , I'm using DSE 6.7.4 with Opscenter 6.7.5 , i dsabled repair option completely and i'm using the NodeSync tools . The Question is that is is ok the repair setting completelly get off and also system_auth exist in list but nodesync can't enable on that and some other system keyspaces are not available in nodesync list for configuration. please assisst me

dsenodesync
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

@on_wisdom_181819 It isn't recommended to enable NodeSync on all tables because it can use more CPU depending on your use case, access patterns, cluster load, etc.

You should enable NodeSync on tables incrementally, say 5 application tables at a time. Monitor its performance over 10 days to 2 weeks then progressively enable it on another handful of tables. Cheers!

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks so much , please give me an idea about this question as well :

system_auth exist in list but nodesync can't enable on that and some other system keyspaces are not available in nodesync list for configuration

0 Likes 0 · ·

Just enable regular repairs on all the system tables. Cheers!

1 Like 1 · ·