DataStax Academy FAQ

DataStax Academy migrated to a new learning management system (LMS) in July 2020. We are also moving to a new Cassandra Certification process so there are changes to exam bookings, voucher system and issuing of certificates.

Check out the Academy FAQ pages for answers to your questions:

question

gxeon2019_190087 avatar image
gxeon2019_190087 asked ·

Is there a tool available to migrate from MongoDB to Cassandra?

Hi team,

I am new to Cassandra datastax family and seeking some help for migrating mongo db collections to Cassandra.

Is there any tool using which we can migrate mongo to cassendra? what are different ways available for migration in Cassandra.

Kind regards

G.

cassandramigration
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

alex.ott avatar image
alex.ott answered ·

The first that you need to do is to prepare a data model for Cassandra - this is the crucial step in your journey (I recommend to take DS201 & DS220 courses on DataStax Academy).

When you have data model ready, you can perform migration. You can use some of the existing tools:

• DSBulk - you can export data from Mongo as CSV or JSON, and import into Cassandra using DSBulk (DataStax blog has a series of blog posts on DSBulk, I listed them at the end of answer)
  • Spark - you can read data from Mongo using corresponding connector, and load data into Cassandra using Spark Cassandra Connector. (You can run Spark in the local master mode)

P.S. Blog posts on DSBulk:

1 comment Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks lot Alex !!

please let me go thru these valuable inputs and revert you back for further queries on this part.

Thanks again !!

0 Likes 0 · ·