DataStax Academy FAQ

DataStax Academy migrated to a new learning management system (LMS) in July 2020. We are also moving to a new Cassandra Certification process so there are changes to exam bookings, voucher system and issuing of certificates.

Check out the Academy FAQ pages for answers to your questions:

question

igor.rmarinho_185445 avatar image
igor.rmarinho_185445 asked ·

Is it necessary to backup the OpsCenter keyspace?

In Hi,

I see that in my QA environment OpsCenter keyspace is very large if I compare it to another keyspaces.

My full snapshot backup with OpsCenter keyspaces included is about 20GB without it 300MB. Usually when I'm doing a snapshot, it get stuck on

/OpsCenter/rollups60

and other ones.

1 - Is there something that can be done to shrink it?

2 - Is it really necessary to include the OpsCenter keyspace in my backups?

opscenterbackup
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

@igor.rmarinho_185445 The rollups60 table contains aggregated metrics for the previous 60 minutes. You can't "shrink" it but you can reduce the metrics data OpsCenter collects and stores. You can do this in 2 ways:

• exclude keyspaces and tables from data collection if you don't care about them
  • reduce the duration for keeping metrics data

See Configuring data collection and expiration for details.

If you don't care about the OpsCenter metrics data, you can choose to not include it in the backups. All it means is that you won't have historical data to restore if you lose the OpsCenter keyspace. Cheers!

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks it helped a lot

0 Likes 0 · ·
Erick Ramirez avatar image Erick Ramirez ♦♦ igor.rmarinho_185445 ·

Not a problem. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·