PLANNED MAINTENANCE

Hello, DataStax Community!

We want to make you aware of a few operational updates which will be carried out on the site. We are working hard to streamline the login process to integrate with other DataStax resources. As such, you will soon be prompted to update your password. Please note that your username will remain the same.

As we work to improve your user experience, please be aware that login to the DataStax Community will be unavailable for a few hours on:

• Wednesday, July 15 16:00 PDT | 19:00 EDT | 20:00 BRT
  • Thursday, July 16 00:00 BST | 01:00 CEST | 04:30 IST | 07:00 CST | 09:00 AEST

For more info, check out the FAQ page. Thank you for being a valued member of our community.

question

raktim.0526_188212 avatar image
raktim.0526_188212 asked ·

How do I remove an edge between two vertices from DSE schema?

We have an edge between two vertices in datastax graph(DSE 6.7).

How can I remove the edge from the schema itself?

I tried:

schema.edgeLabel("belongswithin").connection("poi", "region").drop()

but there is no drop method to delete an edge like this.

I can't run:

schema.edgeLabel("belongswithin").drop()

as I am having the same edge being used between the other two vertices which I don't want to drop?

dsegraph
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

bettina.swynnerton avatar image
bettina.swynnerton answered ·

Hello @raktim.0526_188212,

this has been asked and answered before in this post, and this is still the case for DSE 6.7, there is no change.

https://community.datastax.com/questions/438/how-to-remove-an-edge-between-two-vertices-from-ds.html

We can drop an edge from the schema, but not selectively a particular connection. You would need to drop the edge label and all its connections and recreate it with the needed connections, and this would require you to reload the data.

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

it is worth pointing out that dropping a specific connection for a particular edge label is now possible with DataStax Graph 6.8:

https://docs.datastax.com/en/dse/6.8/dse-dev/datastax_enterprise/graph/reference/schema/refSchemaDrop.html

1 Like 1 · ·
raktim.0526_188212 avatar image raktim.0526_188212 bettina.swynnerton ♦♦ ·

@bettina.swynnerton thank you for the answers.

0 Likes 0 · ·