Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

igor.rmarinho_185445 avatar image
igor.rmarinho_185445 asked ·

Upgraded to DSE 6.8.0, getting "Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : lib/jamm-0.3.2.jar"

Hi,

after update my node to 6.8 I'm getting this error in one node, it's up but when I run a nodetool command i get this error only in one node.

I already updated the cassandra-env.sh to use 0.3.3

vi /etc/dse/cassandra/cassandra-env.sh
:%s/jamm-0.3.2.jar/jamm-0.3.3.jar/g
# nodetool status
/bin/nodetool: line 79: get_jmx_port: command not found
Error opening zip file or JAR manifest missing : /usr/share/dse/cassandra//lib/jamm-0.3.2.jar
Error occurred during initialization of VM
agent library failed to init: instrument

What could be the problem?

cassandraconfigurationupgrade
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

@igor.rmarinho_185445 The symptoms you posted is something I have seen a number of times before and is a result of old(er) configuration files and scripts being used with DSE 6.8.0 and some of them are incompatible. For example, I can replicate the problem you're seeing by replacing cassandra-env.sh from DSE 6.8 with an older copy from DSE 6.7.

Is it possible your environment is pointing to older scripts/configuration files? There's also the possibility that the package upgrade did not complete successfully so some files were not replaced.

You will need to review the DSE packages. It may be necessary to uninstall DSE and re-install 6.8.0 cleanly. Make sure you have a backup of the data and configuration files before you attempt this. Cheers!

1 comment Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thanks Erick,

I'll copy the file from the other 2 nodes to see if I can fix it.

0 Likes 0 · ·