Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

aravinth_chakravarthyr_173918 avatar image
aravinth_chakravarthyr_173918 asked ·

What tools can we use to test remote connectivity to a cluster?

We are planning to test remote connectivity to a DSE Node machine for retrieving keyspace and table data from another machine . what client tools shall i use to it .Does dse client tool help me out for this or please provide me the client tools which are available and the related documentation details for it.

dse
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

@aravinth_chakravarthyr_173918 It isn't quite clear to me what outcome you're trying to achieve. But if you just want to connect from one node to another, you can simply use cqlsh.

For example, you can connect from one node to another node by specifying the IP address on the command line like this:

$ cqlsh <remote_node_ip>

For details, see the cqlsh startup options page. Cheers!

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

@Erick Ramirez If we have SSL encryption and authentication configured on that remote node . what other details should i need to provide with that cqlsh login

cqlsh ip:port -u username -p password along with the cqlshrc file with ssl details as mentioned in the below link. Am i correct . Please try to correct me if i am wrong

https://docs.datastax.com/en/security/6.7/security/Auth/secCqlshSsl.html

0 Likes 0 · ·
Erick Ramirez avatar image Erick Ramirez ♦♦ aravinth_chakravarthyr_173918 ·

That's correct, yes. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·