PLANNED MAINTENANCE

Hello, DataStax Community!

We want to make you aware of a few operational updates which will be carried out on the site. We are working hard to streamline the login process to integrate with other DataStax resources. As such, you will soon be prompted to update your password. Please note that your username will remain the same.

As we work to improve your user experience, please be aware that login to the DataStax Community will be unavailable for a few hours on:

• Wednesday, July 15 16:00 PDT | 19:00 EDT | 20:00 BRT
  • Thursday, July 16 00:00 BST | 01:00 CEST | 04:30 IST | 07:00 CST | 09:00 AEST

For more info, check out the FAQ page. Thank you for being a valued member of our community.

question

adityajain22_141041 avatar image
adityajain22_141041 asked ·

How can I check that 2 DCs are completely in sync before I take a backup?

HI, We have a setup of cluster with two DC ( DC1 & DC2), with RF of 5,

We are using DC1 as production to server all read / write request (Local_quorum) , And

we use DC2 for Backup and analytic quries.

How can i be sure the backup I am taking from DC2 is Fully synced up with DC1 at that moment of time,

How can i check if DC1 & DC2 are fully syncd with each other.

Thanks

Aditya

cassandrareplicationbackup
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

@adityajain22_141041 Unless you're seeing dropped mutations or hints getting handed off to DC2, nodes in it should be in sync with DC1.

As a side note, we don't recommend the approach you're using for backups. You'll find that restoring data to DC1 from backups of DC2 will be a lot more difficult than if you were backing up DC1 directly. It's something you should consider and review. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.