Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

miguel.oyarzo_185223 avatar image
miguel.oyarzo_185223 asked ·

How can I change the Backup Activity Report from GMT to my local timezone?

How can I change Services /Backup / Activity report from GMT to AEDT?

opscenterbackuptimezone
2 comments
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

@miguel.oyarzo_185223 Can I assume that you're referring to the OpsCenter Backup Service? Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·

Oh. yes @Erick Ramirez , it is OpsCenter 6.7.7
Cheers

0 Likes 0 · ·

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

@miguel.oyarzo_185223 The Backup report in OpsCenter used to be displayed in the user's local time but it got standardised in OpsCenter 6.1.2 (OPSC-7261) because it was too confusing for ops/admins to see the report in their local time but when they want to restore a backup, the list of available backups are in GMT.

At the time, it was a conscious decision to accomodate organisations with teams distributed across the globe and it meant that when they look at the OpsCenter UI, the view regardless of the admin's geography was consistent. There is an open feature request to address this (internal ID OPSC-9076) so stay-tuned for a future release of OpsCenter. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.