Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

aravinth_chakravarthyr_173918 avatar image
aravinth_chakravarthyr_173918 asked ·

Error 18 self signed certificate error when verifying SSL certificate

Getting self signed certificate error while performing the following step in

openssl verify -CAfile 'path/to/rootca.crt' signing_request.crt_signed

I have reffered the following document

https://docs.datastax.com/en/security/6.0/security/secSetUpSSLCert.html#secSetUpSSLCert

Please tell me whether can i ignore this error as it allows me for further steps to be configured.

dsesslencryption
1 comment
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Could you please provide us some stack trace here. Indeed multiple reasons could make that command failed and unfortunately if the verify command did not pass there are little chance than the internode communications could work using it.

1 Like 1 · ·

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

@aravinth_chakravarthyr_173918 It looks like you're having issues with generating self-signed certificates. Since this is not a DSE or product issue, a question-and-answer forum isn't the ideal place for us to help you troubleshoot the problem. Please log a DataStax Support ticket so one of our engineers can request an OpsCenter Diagnostics Report and assist you directly. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.