PLANNED MAINTENANCE

Hello, DataStax Community!

We want to make you aware of a few operational updates which will be carried out on the site. We are working hard to streamline the login process to integrate with other DataStax resources. As such, you will soon be prompted to update your password. Please note that your username will remain the same.

As we work to improve your user experience, please be aware that login to the DataStax Community will be unavailable for a few hours on:

• Wednesday, July 15 16:00 PDT | 19:00 EDT | 20:00 BRT
  • Thursday, July 16 00:00 BST | 01:00 CEST | 04:30 IST | 07:00 CST | 09:00 AEST

For more info, check out the FAQ page. Thank you for being a valued member of our community.

question

danielleplex_185261 avatar image
danielleplex_185261 asked ·

How do I customize graph icons? (DSE studio)

In the book The Practitioner's Guide to Graph Data[1], I saw the following illustration where icons are customized :

Is that still possible? Where can I find an example?

Also, is it possible to export this?

[1] http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920205746.do

graphdse studio
1581186315083.png (326.9 KiB)
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Dan Jatnieks avatar image
Dan Jatnieks answered ·

Yes, graph icons may be customized. I'm not finding online documentation for this right now, but will try and describe the steps here:

* The graph view will have a settings icon (gearbox) on the right side.

* Clicking on the graph view settings icon will display the settings panel

* Click on "Vertex Shape" and select "Icon"

* With "Icon" selected as the Vertex Shape, a configure link becomes available:

* Clicking "Configure vertex icons" will now allow an icon to be selected for each vertex label.

Hope that helps!

2 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Do you know if it is possible to add custom icons?

0 Likes 0 · ·

I've responded to @danielleplex_185261's follow up question in #2239. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·
Cedrick Lunven avatar image
Cedrick Lunven answered ·

What about creating your very own web application to visualize data coming from DSE Graph with the same Javascript library ?

Cheers... ha. reserved word by Erick. So Enjoy !