Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

surbhibohra94_150464 avatar image
surbhibohra94_150464 asked ·

How can i read the actual contents of statistics.db / summary.db or other flat files from apache cassandra? For data.db file sstabledump utility is already present with the open source binary.

sstables
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

@surbhibohra94_150464 The component files do not contain "real" data, just metadata on the respective -Data.db SSTable file. Are you able to give some background or additional context on what you are trying to achieve? It might allow me to provide a better answer. Cheers!

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

i wanted to understand the dependecy of all these files on each other and how metadata or data is stored inside each of these files. once i tried using sstabledump on only data files it didn't work then i copied all these subsidiaries files then i could use sstabledump with it. so there is some dependency i wanted to understand this. if there is any tool then that could really help.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Erick Ramirez avatar image Erick Ramirez ♦♦ surbhibohra94_150464 ·

@surbhibohra94_150464 Unfortunately, there isn't. Just know that you need to all the component files with the data in order to access them with the SSTable utilities. Cheers!

1 Like 1 · ·