We receive various "defuncting connection" errors and not sure when we got what - due to corrupted C* nodes or due to network errors? How should we classify them?
We looked at DSE driver implementation and Solr/Lucene code, however did not find it's corresponding error message(es).
- Row retrieval response timeout of XXX, missing responses from nodes: [x.x.x.x]), defuncting connection
- Query response timeout of XXX, missing responses from nodes: [x.x.x.x]), defuncting connection
- Connection refused: /x.x.x.x:8609), defuncting connection
- Failed handshake due to exhausted XXX seconds timeout on channel [id: XX, L:/XX:58592 - R:/XX:8609].), defuncting connection
- Error on shard x.x.x.x: java.lang.AssertionError), defuncting connection
Many, many thanks in advance if you can clarify to us what is happening when we receive such errors.