question

mike.cheng avatar image
mike.cheng asked mike.cheng commented

What is the equivalent of Java driver 3.x CHECK_IO_DEADLOCKS in newer versions?

I am upgrading from driver 3.x to 4.x and I am using system property com.datastax.driver.CHECK_IO_DEADLOCKS=false in driver 3.x. However, I don't see any documentation about this property in driver 4.x.

So I am writing this post to ask 1) whether this property is still available and 2) what is the default behavior and how I could configure the driver to achieve the same behavior?

java drivernetty
10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

absurdfarce avatar image
absurdfarce answered mike.cheng commented

There isn't an exact equivalent to this function in 4.x. Setting this property allows 3.x users to opt-out of certain checks to see whether you're in the Netty event loop (see this code for more information). 4.x accomplishes something similar via it's notion of "driver threads". These threads are a specific concrete type (a subclass of Thread) and are used in thread pools, including Netty's pools. 4.x then checks to see whether it's in a "driver thread" by looking at the type of the current thread. There isn't an opt-out for this feature in 4.x;

1 comment Share
10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike.cheng avatar image mike.cheng commented ·

Thanks for the response!

0 Likes 0 ·