question

smiklosovic avatar image
smiklosovic asked Erick Ramirez edited

No FileSystem for scheme "com.datastax.spark"

Hi,

I am using spark datastax connector of version 3.2.0 and I am getting the error in the title when I am submitting my application. I am using "assembly" jar in --jars.

Hadoop 3.3.1, Spark 3.2.1.

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.hadoop.fs.UnsupportedFileSystemException: No FileSystem for scheme "com.datastax.spark"
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getFileSystemClass(FileSystem.java:3443)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:3466)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$300(FileSystem.java:174)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:3574)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:3521)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:540)
        at org.apache.spark.util.DependencyUtils$.resolveGlobPath(DependencyUtils.scala:317)
        at org.apache.spark.util.DependencyUtils$.$anonfun$resolveGlobPaths$2(DependencyUtils.scala:273)
        at org.apache.spark.util.DependencyUtils$.$anonfun$resolveGlobPaths$2$adapted(DependencyUtils.scala:271)
        at scala.collection.TraversableLike.$anonfun$flatMap$1(TraversableLike.scala:293)
        at scala.collection.IndexedSeqOptimized.foreach(IndexedSeqOptimized.scala:36)
        at scala.collection.IndexedSeqOptimized.foreach$(IndexedSeqOptimized.scala:33)
        at scala.collection.mutable.WrappedArray.foreach(WrappedArray.scala:38)
        at scala.collection.TraversableLike.flatMap(TraversableLike.scala:293)
        at scala.collection.TraversableLike.flatMap$(TraversableLike.scala:290)
        at scala.collection.AbstractTraversable.flatMap(Traversable.scala:108)
        at org.apache.spark.util.DependencyUtils$.resolveGlobPaths(DependencyUtils.scala:271)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.$anonfun$prepareSubmitEnvironment$4(SparkSubmit.scala:364)
        at scala.Option.map(Option.scala:230)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.prepareSubmitEnvironment(SparkSubmit.scala:364)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.org$apache$spark$deploy$SparkSubmit$$runMain(SparkSubmit.scala:898)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.doRunMain$1(SparkSubmit.scala:180)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.submit(SparkSubmit.scala:203)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.doSubmit(SparkSubmit.scala:90)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$$anon$2.doSubmit(SparkSubmit.scala:1043)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit$.main(SparkSubmit.scala:1052)
        at org.apache.spark.deploy.SparkSubmit.main(SparkSubmit.scala)

Any ideas?

spark-cassandra-connector
10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered Erick Ramirez edited

I've recently written a "how to" for connecting a Databricks cluster running Spark 3.2.1 to an Astra DB using spark-cassandra-connector-assembly_2.12-3.2.0.jar so I know that version of the connector should work with Spark 3.2.1.

But I've got a feeling the connector only works with Apache Hadoop 2.7.

Could you please provide a minimal code sample plus the steps to replicate the issue? In the meantime, I'm going to reach out to the devs. Cheers!

[UPDATE] After reading your post again, I think the problem is the way you're submitting your app. Instead of specifying the JAR, your spark-submit should look like:

$ spark-submit --packages com.datastax.spark:spark-cassandra-connector_2.12:3.2.0

Please try that and let us know how it goes. Cheers!

10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.