question

bensmail avatar image
bensmail asked Erick Ramirez answered

Can I enable nodesync and run OpsCenter repairs continuously?

Hello,

I have a 2 DCs on my cluster,

I have 2 questions:

1. Is it enough to enable the nodesync on all Keyspaces without running repairs?

2. Can I enable the nodesync on all Keyspaces + running repairs continiously from Opscenter?

Regards

Salah

repairnodesync
10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

steve.lacerda avatar image
steve.lacerda answered

You should run either one or the other, not both. I typically recommend running nodesync in low write workloads, but repair in high write workloads. The reason is that nodesync uses the read/write path, but repair uses streaming so it's not on the same path as your reads or writes.

In answer to your questions:

1) Yes, it's enough to enable nodesync and not repairs on the tables.

2) I would not run both. Choose one technology or the other.

10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

NodeSync is a new feature in DataStax Enterprise which runs a repair continuously in the background using the same mechanism as read-repairs and replaces the traditional anti-entropy repairs.

The OpsCenter Repair Service (which runs anti-entropy repairs) will skip repairs on tables which have NodeSync enabled because it isn't possible to run traditional repairs on them as I've explained in question #3879.

We don't recommend you enable Nodesync for all keyspaces, just your application's keyspace because by default, Nodesync can only be enabled on a maximum of 50 tables.

For more information, see Nodesync Service versus Repair Service. Cheers!

10 |1000