question

naraen.grm_191651 avatar image
naraen.grm_191651 asked Erick Ramirez answered

Why is access via a K8s service taking more time compared to Ingress?

Hi,

I did a Performance test where I do Writes/ Reads into/from DB (cassandra pods). I perfrommed read/write ops on k8s pods (Cassandra) through Ingress from a external machine (outside k8s cluster). Similarly I also tried accessing same cassandra pods from another k8s pod using service with in the same cluster. Surprisingly I could see the performance (in terms of latency) was better when i accessed via ingress! Why accessing within the cluster via service is taking more time compared to ingress ? Please let me know why this happens !

Thanks

kubernetes
10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

There isn't enough information for us to provide a meaningful assessment of your question but it's more a Kubernetes networking issue than a Cassandra problem.

Without knowing how you've configured the service, where you're accessing it from and what type of ingress you've configured, my best guess is that it's a configuration issue with your Kubernetes cluster or the way you've performed the test. Cheers!

10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.