I've Cassandra cluster running 4 nodes, one of which is seed node. Database is loaded with ~10GB of data. Now I am moving disks over to another hardware and trying to run cluster there. I am getting couple of errors like
- Received an invalid gossip generation for peer
- Nodes are not reachable to one another even if they're part of same cluster
I ran `nodetool drain` on each node before killing Cassandra process on each node. Than I stopped all the nodes of cluster with seed node being last.
- Removed node from cluster and tried to add back
- Removed file from commitlog as one of the error was related to commit log
- Tried to update Gossip time but no effects
What would be the best approach to stop whole cluster and starting it again on new set of hardware? (I am using Cassandra from source, version: 4.0.1)