Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

mysub99 avatar image
mysub99 asked Erick Ramirez edited

Spring boot app returns "CodecNotFoundException: Codec not found for requested operation: [DATE <-> com.datastax.driver.core.LocalDate]"

I am facing issue with date datatype, following is my table schema

CREATE TABLE user (
        name text,
        id text,
        date date,
        division text,
        PRIMARY KEY ((name, id, date), name)

my backend is spring boot with following library's

compile group: 'com.datastax.oss', name: 'java-driver-core', version: '4.9.0'
    compile group: 'com.datastax.cassandra', name: 'cassandra-driver-extras', version: '3.10.2'
    compile group: 'com.datastax.cassandra', name: 'cassandra-driver-mapping', version: '3.2.0'

i am converting java LocalDate to cassandra LocalDate as per below article :

https://docs.spring.io/spring-data/cassandra/docs/current/reference/html/#reference

also if i directly send java LocalDate both are valid as per Cassandra.

def cassandraLocalDate = com.datastax.driver.core.LocalDate.fromYearMonthDay(year, monthValue, dayOfMonth)

while binding statement i am getting error

def boundStatement = userExists.bind(name, id, cassandraLocalDate)

error:

com.datastax.oss.driver.api.core.type.codec.CodecNotFoundException: Codec not found for requested operation: [DATE <-> com.datastax.driver.core.LocalDate]

Any help will highly appreciated

Thanks & Regards

java driverspring-boot
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

alexandre.dutra avatar image
alexandre.dutra answered

You are mixing incompatible drivers: the group ID com.datastax.oss is not compatible with the group ID com.datastax.cassandra. What is your Spring Boot version? You should use only the driver/group ID that comes with it.

3 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

my spring version is

0 Likes 0 ·

Then the only driver you should use is driver 4.9.0:

https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-boot/blob/v2.4.6/spring-boot-project/spring-boot-dependencies/build.gradle#L163

You probably don't need these two, and I suggest that you remove them from your project:

• compile group: 'com.datastax.cassandra', name: 'cassandra-driver-extras', version: '3.10.2'

• compile group: 'com.datastax.cassandra', name: 'cassandra-driver-mapping', version: '3.2.0'

As for the usage of LocalDate with driver 4.9, the guide you followed is not up-to-date. Please read this instead:

https://docs.datastax.com/en/developer/java-driver/4.9/manual/core/temporal_types/

1 Like 1 ·
mysub99 avatar image mysub99 alexandre.dutra ♦ ·
thanks i removed other two drivers and its working fine now
0 Likes 0 ·