Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

naraen.grm_191651 avatar image
naraen.grm_191651 asked Erick Ramirez answered

Is there any known pitfall with the Java driver?

Are there any known pitfall in the "datastax-driver" library? cqlsh is sometimes stuck and the process shall be killed to help it out.

java driver
1 comment
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

@naraen.grm_191651, thank you for posting your question on the community here, but I think there are quite a lot of missing details on here to help triage this issue you're facing on here. If you could please provide additional details about the language and version of the DataStax driver, version of Apache Cassandra™ or DataStax Enterprise (DSE) that you're working on here along with screenshots, logs (system & debug), snippets of code that you're executing and steps to reproduce this, this will make the triage a bit easier.

On a general note, DataStax CQL Drivers and Cassandra Query Language Shell - cqlsh are totally two different things.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

No, there are not. Thousands of organisations use the Java driver every day for their production systems.

cqlsh is just another client just like any other application. In my years of experience, I've never come across a situation where it gets "stuck". I would suggest you report it with the minimal steps to reproduce the problem although I would suspect that it is environmental given it's the first time I've heard of it. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.