Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

lambda avatar image
lambda asked ·

Why am I getting the error "There are no contact points in the given set of hosts"?

Hi everyone.
This is my situation. I'm trying to do some integration tests with Testcontainers library.
I use Micronaut also. Testcontainers by default mapping exposed port of cassandra container to some random port, so I use some feature of Micronaut that help me intercept this and update my application.yaml file where store settings such as cassandra.host and cassandra.port which I use to configure JavaSparkContext(they are correctly update). When I try to do writes to or reads from Cassandra like in this tutorial Java Api I receive exception "There are no contact points in the given set of hosts."

SparkConf conf = new SparkConf(true);
conf
  .setAppName("test")
  .setMaster("local[*]")
  .set("spark.cassandra.connection.host", getCassandraHost())
  .set("spark.cassandra.connection.port", getCassandraPort().toString());
sparkContext = new JavaSparkContext(conf);
spark-cassandra-connector
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

You've provided very limited information but the error means exactly what it states -- that there were no contact points provided to the Spark connector.

You'll need to debug your code to determine what hosts are getting returned by the getCassandraHost() method. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.