Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

steve.todorov avatar image
steve.todorov asked Erick Ramirez commented

Would the DSE fixes for materialized views be ported to OSS Cassandra?

[FOLLOW UP QUESTION TO #2613]

I wasn't sure if I should open up a new thread, but decided to reply here instead.
Are you aware if some of the MVs fixes/enhancements would be ported to the OSS C* version? I've read a few articles about the potential out-of-sync. Would a fix for that be perhaps ported to the OSS version?

materialized views
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered Erick Ramirez commented

The quick answer is yes, there are plans to work on materialized views in open-source Apache Cassandra.

There are ongoing discussions about it in the last 12 months but progress was delayed since everyone has been focused on getting 4.0 released. Cheers!

3 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Many thanks for following up! Are you aware of any ETAs? I know that's hard to predict, but since I'm involved in planning some features which might require materialized views I'd appreciate it if you could share any details (if that's at all possible at this point) :)

0 Likes 0 ·

We're quite interested in this. Are there any Github issues/pull requests that we can follow? A timeline would really help as well.

0 Likes 0 ·

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to provide any estimates since I'm not personally involved in implementing the fixes. I just happen to be aware that several developers in the community have made commitments to "productionising" materialised views. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·