Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

Jason avatar image
Jason asked ·

Why is one node still missing data after running a repair?

I have two datacenter, dc1 3 nodes, dc2 3 nodes. For some reason, dc1 3 nodes are sync and have the latest data.

I run "nodetool repair -dcpar -full " on the first node of dc2. But after the repair, from Cassandra system log, repair for all range successful. But only node1 and node3 on standby got sync. node2 still missing the data.

Why this should be happened? any procedure needed before nodetool repair?

repair
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

It's impossible for us to know what happened without actually analysing diagnostic data from your cluster. You will need to analyse the logs yourself to determine whether there was an issue with the repairs.

My recommendation is to run a rolling partitioner range repair (-pr) one node at a time:

$ nodetool repair -pr -- ks_name

A partitioner range repair is the most efficient way to run repairs and it minimises the impact on your cluster. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.