Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

Willy06 avatar image
Willy06 asked Erick Ramirez edited

Getting ScenarioErrorHandler in NoSQLBench, "Error initializing activity 'cql-keyvalue'"

Hi, I use nb with CCM for 10 days now. I run several scenarios and all work fine until today.

I got these messages:

./nb run driver=cql workload=cql-keyvalue tags=phase:main cycles=200
[scenarios:001] INFO com.datastax.driver.core - DataStax Java Driver 1.9.0 for DataStax Enterprise (DSE) and Apache Cassandra®
[scenarios:001] INFO com.datastax.driver.core.GuavaCompatibility - Detected Guava >= 19 in the classpath, using modern compatibility layer
[scenarios:001] INFO com.datastax.driver.core.ClockFactory - Using native clock to generate timestamps.
[scenarios:001] INFO com.datastax.driver.core.utils.UUIDs - PID obtained through native call to getpid(): 21962
[scenarios:001] INFO com.datastax.driver.core.NettyUtil - Did not find Netty's native epoll transport in the classpath, defaulting to NIO.
[scenarios:001] INFO com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster - Cannot connect with protocol version DSE_V2, trying with DSE_V1
[scenarios:001] INFO com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster - Cannot connect with protocol version DSE_V1, trying with V4
[scenarios:001] INFO com.datastax.driver.core.policies.DCAwareRoundRobinPolicy - Using data-center name 'dc1' for DCAwareRoundRobinPolicy (if this is incorrect, please provide the correct datacenter name with DCAwareRoundRobinPolicy constructor)
[scenarios:001] INFO com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster - New Cassandra host /127.0.0.6:9042 added
[scenarios:001] INFO com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster - New Cassandra host /127.0.0.3:9042 added
[scenarios:001] INFO com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster - New Cassandra host localhost/127.0.0.1:9042 added
[scenarios:001] INFO com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster - New Cassandra host /127.0.0.5:9042 added
[scenarios:001] INFO com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster - New Cassandra host /127.0.0.2:9042 added
[scenarios:001] INFO com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster - New Cassandra host /127.0.0.4:9042 added
5924 WARN [scenarios:001] SCENARIO Error in scenario, shutting down.
6033 ERROR [main] ScenarioErrorHandler java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.script.ScriptException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing activity 'cql-keyvalue':
line 1:0 no viable alternative at input 'POST' ([POST]...)
6033 ERROR [main] ScenarioErrorHandler for the full stack trace, run with --show-stacktraces
java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.script.ScriptException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing activity 'cql-keyvalue':
6035 WARN [Thread-1] SCENARIO Scenario was interrupted by process exit, shutting down

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks.

nosqlbench
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered Erick Ramirez edited

[EDITED] I managed to replicate the problem you reported with NoSQLBench v4.15.33:

$ nb run driver=cql workload=cql-keyvalue tags=phase:main cycles=200
   6999 WARN  [scenarios:001] SCENARIO     Error in scenario, shutting down.
   7029 ERROR [main] ScenarioErrorHandler java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.script.ScriptException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing activity 'cql-keyvalue':
   7029 ERROR [main] ScenarioErrorHandler for the full stack trace, run with --show-stacktraces
java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.script.ScriptException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error initializing activity 'cql-keyvalue':
   7052 WARN  [Thread-2] SCENARIO     Scenario was interrupted by process exit, shutting down

Cause

I have confirmation from the developers that a bug was introduced by a new feature which allows partial matching on workload files.

Workaround

You can avoid the problem by specifying the path to the workload as baselines/cql-keyvalue:

$ nb run driver=cql workload=baselines/cql-keyvalue tags=phase:main cycles=200

Solution

The issue has been patched today in the latest release. Upgrade to NoSQLBench v4.15.34. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.