Hi, I understand that this might perhaps not be the best place to ask, however, to me it seems the most-likely place to actually get an answer. I have raised strapdata/elassandra/issues/390 for this, but not received an answer yet.
It seems that the StrapData company has been acquired by DataStax, as many of the Elassandra links for help point to DataStax as the company to refer to for help and support. The Elassandra project doesn't seem to be under active development anymore, from what we can tell. The Google Threads seem to no longer be monitored (nor their issue tracker).
Hence, some questions, we are hoping to get some answers to:
- Has Elassandra/StrapData been acquired by DataStax?
- Will it continue being developed as an OSS project?
- Will it become part of a commercial offerring of DataStax, such as DSE? If so, will it replace the Apache Solr implementation, or willl it be an additional module/feature?
- Do you foresee any licensing issues with ES's latest license changes?
- What's the future roadmap of the Elassandra project?
Many thanks in advance!