Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

carlspring avatar image
carlspring asked Erick Ramirez commented

What is the future of Elassandra?

Hi, I understand that this might perhaps not be the best place to ask, however, to me it seems the most-likely place to actually get an answer. I have raised strapdata/elassandra/issues/390 for this, but not received an answer yet.

It seems that the StrapData company has been acquired by DataStax, as many of the Elassandra links for help point to DataStax as the company to refer to for help and support. The Elassandra project doesn't seem to be under active development anymore, from what we can tell. The Google Threads seem to no longer be monitored (nor their issue tracker).

Hence, some questions, we are hoping to get some answers to:

• Has Elassandra/StrapData been acquired by DataStax?
  • Will it continue being developed as an OSS project?
  • Will it become part of a commercial offerring of DataStax, such as DSE? If so, will it replace the Apache Solr implementation, or willl it be an additional module/feature?
  • Do you foresee any licensing issues with ES's latest license changes?
  • What's the future roadmap of the Elassandra project?

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Martin Todorov

elassandra
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered Erick Ramirez commented

DataStax has indeed acquired StrapData. We are reviewing our plans and the roadmap for Elassandra.

It is very early stages yet so unfortunately, we are not in a position to provide any details publicly.

Thanks for sticking with us. Please stay tuned. I will update this post as soon as I have any info available to disclose. Cheers!

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi Erick,

Thanks for the update! Do you have some sort of rough timeframe within which you expect to be able to provide more details?

0 Likes 0 ·

I'm sorry but I'm not able to tell you if it will be 6 weeks or 6 months. Cheers!

1 Like 1 ·