Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

jordanp98 avatar image
jordanp98 asked ·

What does "Detected illegal second registration for solr core" mean?

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Solr core can have only one RAM buffer memory tracker registered at a time. Detected illegal second registration for solr core my_ks.emp_data

I am facing above issue after dropping and recreating table. Currently Not able to reload core using dsetool getting this error for specific column solr_query which is part of the table my_ks.

Please find below line do i need to include this line while creating table or not ?
CREATE CUSTOM INDEX my_ks.emp_data_solr_query_index ON my_ks.emp_data (solr_query) USING 'com.datastax.bdp.search.solr.Cql3SolrSecondaryIndex';

search
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

You are getting the IllegalStateException because you incorrectly created a Solr index. You cannot create a Solr index in that manner.

If you want to create a Solr index using CQL syntax, use the CREATE SEARCH INDEX command. Otherwise, create a Search index using the dsetool create_core command. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.