Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

jordanp98 avatar image
jordanp98 asked Erick Ramirez answered

What does "Detected illegal second registration for solr core" mean?

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Solr core can have only one RAM buffer memory tracker registered at a time. Detected illegal second registration for solr core my_ks.emp_data

I am facing above issue after dropping and recreating table. Currently Not able to reload core using dsetool getting this error for specific column solr_query which is part of the table my_ks.

Please find below line do i need to include this line while creating table or not ?
CREATE CUSTOM INDEX my_ks.emp_data_solr_query_index ON my_ks.emp_data (solr_query) USING 'com.datastax.bdp.search.solr.Cql3SolrSecondaryIndex';

search
10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

You are getting the IllegalStateException because you incorrectly created a Solr index. You cannot create a Solr index in that manner.

If you want to create a Solr index using CQL syntax, use the CREATE SEARCH INDEX command. Otherwise, create a Search index using the dsetool create_core command. Cheers!

10 |1000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.