Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

tim.mason_177848 avatar image
tim.mason_177848 asked ·

How to get free book after completion of academy courses

I received a marketing email from DataStax saying that if I completed academy courses DS101 and DS201 they would send me an email which would allow me to request a copy of Jeff Carpenter’s book, Cassandra: The Definitive Guide: Distributed Data at Web Scale 2nd Edition. I completed the courses a few days ago but I haven't received an email yet. I can't find any way to contact DataStax about this. Has anyone else received this offer and managed to get a copy of this book?

academybook
1 comment
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

@tim.mason_177848 I'm going to find out on your behalf and I'll get back to you in the next 24 hours. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·
Christine Arnould avatar image
Christine Arnould answered ·

@tim.mason_177848 Josh Magana will reach out to you to get your shipping information. Congrats on completing both courses!

10 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

@Christine Arnould I also completed both these courses, am I eligible for copy of same book?

0 Likes 0 · ·

@tsingh2k15_176037 Yes! I see that you have completed both courses - awesome. I will reach out to you directly for shipping details.

0 Likes 0 · ·

@Christine Arnould just checking in on this as well - figured writing a direct reply might work better than my comment below...

0 Likes 0 · ·

I completed those two and other courses and i am also Datastax certificate Developer for Apache Cassandra. How can i become eligible to get that book ? Thank you. Best Regards

0 Likes 0 · ·

Super. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 · ·

Hi! I completed DS101 and DS201 today as well. Can you please let me know what is needed to get a copy of the book?

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes 0 · ·

Hi Casey - would you mind reaching out to me via email? You can reach out to me at josh.magana@datastax.com

0 Likes 0 · ·

Hello Christine . I haven t got any new from Josj Magana regarding the datastax book. Can you assist me on this matte or put us in contact? thank you. Best regards

0 Likes 0 · ·
josh.magana_105668 avatar image josh.magana_105668 alexandergorokhov07_132715 ·

Hi Alexander - would you mind reaching out to me via email? You can reach out to me at josh.magana@datastax.com

0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments
Christine Arnould avatar image
Christine Arnould answered ·

@alexandergorokhov07_132715 @casey.allen.shobe_181585 Congrats on finishing the 2 courses! It is a great accomplishment. You will get your books shortly once we have verified completion internally.