Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

mzv avatar image
mzv asked ·

How can I specify the cass-operator busybox image location?

Hi!

I'm trying to deploy cass operator in an env that doesn't have Internet access. In config files I can see parameters to substitute default location of images cassandra-mgmtapi, cass-config-builder and cass-operator. I've tested them and yes I can now pull those ones from my local registry. But how can I specify busybox image location the same way? Although is it possible to edit requests/limits for cass-config-builder? I know I can edit StatefulSet in order to archive all I'm asking about, but is it possible to do this out-of-box while deploying the operator?

Thanks,

Vladimir

cass-operator
1 comment
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

I don't have an answer off the top of my head but I wanted to let you know that I'm going to reach out to the Kubernetes engineers here at DataStax to get them to respond to your question. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

bradfordcp avatar image
bradfordcp answered ·

Hi @mzv,

There are a couple of questions here, let's take a look.

1. How can I specify the cass-operator busybox image location?
    There are a couple of ways you can accomplish this. First, in the CRD there is a field named `systemLoggerImage`. Setting this value within your CassandraDatacenter will let you use a custom image. Alternatively you may set an environment variable, `DEFAULT_CONTAINER_REGISTRY_OVERRIDE` on the operator with the registry name. Assuming containers usually live at `docker.io/datastax/...` setting the value to say `example.com` will then attempt to pull an image from `example.com/busybox`. Note this second approach will affect ALL images used by the operator.
  2. Is it possible to edit requests/limits for cass-config-builder?
    Yes, if you specify a container as part of the `spec.podTemplateSpec` structure with the same `name` it will merge the configuration supplied with that generated by cass-operator. For the cass-config-builder image it would look like:
spec:
  podTemplateSpec:
    spec:
      initContainers:
        - name: cass-config-builder
          resources:
            requests:
            limits:
1 comment Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

@bradfordcp thanks a lot! All works fine.

0 Likes 0 ·