Build Cloud-Native apps with Apache Cassandra

GOT QUESTIONS from the Workshop? You're in the right place! Post a question here and we'll get you answers.

Click here for Week 8 Materials and Homework.

Follow us on Eventbrite to get notified when new workshops are scheduled!

question

sangr avatar image
sangr asked ·

Is Studio not available anymore on Astra?

I had homework notebooks from cassandra-workshop-series that i was working on using my Astra account. Don't see the link to Studio when i login anymore. Tried to terminate the DB (killrvideocluster) and tried to recreate it as a a Free Tier option, however looks like Free tier option on Astra is not available any more.

Question is, is there a way to still create a Free Tier account on Astra as described in Cassandra-workshopseries-week1?

Thanks,

Sangeetha

astrastudio
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

David Jones-Gilardi avatar image
David Jones-Gilardi answered ·

Hey there @sangr. Yes, the free tier still exists. The difference now is it is a fully serverless option which means you can extend/expand it as you see fit if needed. Notice your dashboard should say you have a $25 credit. That rolls over every month and if you don't put in a credit card it will just keep rolling over effectively giving you the database for free. Note that the new serverless option actually gives you a ton more space (25GB compared to 5GB) and throughput than the old free tier would.

1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

@David Jones-Gilardi, thanks for the response. Is the "Studio" still available from within Astra? I do not see it any more.

1614893410398.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1614893410398.png (44.4 KiB)
Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

DataStax Studio is no longer embedded in the Astra dashboard.

You can still use Studio with Astra by installing it on your laptop or a server. Follow the installation steps here. Cheers!