Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

aravinth_chakravarthyr_173918 avatar image
aravinth_chakravarthyr_173918 asked ·

Monitoring alerts OS version and OS latest patch for DSE running servers

Is this possible to create custom monitoring alerts or template for finding the linux OS version and latest OS patch information running across the DSE installed servers.

its like we want to execute a wrapper script to collect our customized alerts related to the DSE as well from the OS on which the DSE is running and getting this information as an alert through alert rule.
We did some POC in this, but currently customized alerting is show stopper for us. Please help us on this.

dse
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered ·

@aravinth_chakravarthyr_173918 I may have misunderstood your question so please feel free to correct me but it sounds like you want alerting setup in relation to your operating system version and patch levels. If so, DataStax Enterprise is not the right place to look for a solution and I recommend you discuss your requirements with your sysadmin team since this is an infrastructure issue and not really a database software issue. Cheers!

2 comments Share
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

@Erick Ramirez is it possible to create custom monitoring alert for all my clusters instead of data stax provided alert rule , i want to add some alert in this.
Also want to know in which keyspace or table this alereting data's are stored

0 Likes 0 · ·
Erick Ramirez avatar image Erick Ramirez ♦♦ aravinth_chakravarthyr_173918 ·

The quick answer is no. OpsCenter wasn't designed to be a replacement for your infrastructure monitoring. Cheers!

0 Likes 0 · ·