Bringing together the Apache Cassandra experts from the community and DataStax.

Want to learn? Have a question? Want to share your expertise? You are in the right place!

Not sure where to begin? Getting Started

question

anson avatar image
anson asked Erick Ramirez answered

Is it possible to restore multiple tables with one sstableloader command?

Hi,

I have taken a backup of a keyspace containing 8 tables from a 5 node cluster using snapshot tool. The output backup folder contains 5 sub folders which represents each node's data. Each of these 5 sub folders contains the respective tables (8). This is the output backup structure .

When i am trying to restore using sstableloader, i have to loop through each of the 5 folders and subsequently go through each of the 8 tables in that folder and provide the table's path to sstableloader ( my understanding is sstableloader can only accept each table at time ie, i cannot provide the entire tables as list to a single sstableloader command.)

From my current situation of folder structure, i have to call sstableloader 40 times (8 tables * 5 nodes folders) .

Is it possible to avoid this too much calls? It is creating a perfomance overhead . Can i combine the tables or is it somehow possible to provide a list of table folders to a single sstableloader or what could be way to avoid this perfomance overhead?

sstableloader
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Erick Ramirez avatar image
Erick Ramirez answered

You've asked the same question you posted in #9537 and the answer is the same.

You cannot load multiple tables with a single sstableloader instance. You have to load the SSTables one table at a time or you risk overloading your cluster. Cheers!

10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.